Saturday, April 17, 2010

An open letter to...MEAN KIDS THAT WON'T LET ME USE THE SWINGS AT THE PARK!

Childhood was a magical time. A time of sunshine, rainbows, glitter parties, and hugs. There was always time to play, time to skip, time to spin in circles until we puked. I may be approaching my 22nd birthday in a few weeks, but I can tell you that my childhood spirit hasn't gone anywhere. This brings me to my open letter of the day to.....MEAN KIDS THAT WON'T LET ME USE THE SWINGS AT THE PARK!

Dear MEAN KIDS THAT WON'T LET ME USE THE SWINGS AT THE PARK, 

     Hi, kids. I'm just going to save you from my tears and tell you. You're hurting my feelings. We are both here at the park to play, and as you know, the swings are a hot item on the playground. Don't I deserve the same respect you show your tiny peers? You see, my friend and I have walked to this park with the hope of being able to take a swing or two. I'm not saying you have to give up the swing right now,  but there is an unspoken rule at the playground that you don't hog one item for the whole afternoon! 
     Also, don't think I don't see that judgment in your eye. I know, I'm bigger than you, I'm older than you, and I probs look like your babysitter, but I still like to use the swing! Ok...also, please tell your mother to quit it with the stink-eye too! It's getting old. Yes, judgy mcjudger-pants..I AM at the park. I DO like to use the swing. And I am ALSO a tax payer! I get to use this swing just as much as your stinky kid who doesn't know how to share does! Deal with it. 
     Kids that won't let me use the swing, I hope you learn from this because one day you will be 22 and want to go to the park and feel like you're flying and some nasty kid will hurt your feelings by not knowing how to share. I'm done. We're going to another park now. We don't need your hate. 

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment